Electronic cigarettes are incredibly popular today, with millions and millions of electronic cigarettes and the necessary e juice being sold each and every single month. Some industry experts believe that electronic cigarettes will completely outpace traditional cigarette sales in about five years, and maybe even sooner if the technology continues to advance as rapidly and as popularly as it already has been.
At the same time, the federal government is really starting to crack down on electronic cigarettes and the e-juice used in these high-tech smoking devices. Manufacturers continue to claim that the products they produce are 100% smoke free and safer than smoking traditional cigarettes, but there are quite a few people that are skeptical about these claim and investigations have been popping up left and right throughout the United States and across the rest of the world, for that matter.
If you have been wondering whether or not electronic cigarettes are safe and if e-juice is poisonous, hopefully we are able to shed a little bit of light on the subject for you going forward. The inside information contained below should help paint a much more accurate picture about these devices and e-juice in particular so that you know exactly what you are getting into.
E-juice itself isn’t considered to be poisonous
The e-juice base substances aren’t considered to be poisonous in and of themselves, as the major ingredient and they substance in almost all e-juice options is simply propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin – liquids that effortlessly vaporize and provide a suitable vehicle for nicotine and flavors to be introduced into the body.
Both of these materials are considered to be 100% safe for human consumption, and those in the electronic cigarette world as well as those in the government are in complete and total agreement on this point. However, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin aren’t the only compounds found in e-juice.
Nicotine, flavorings, and other additives have proven to be poisonous
While propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin make up 90% of e-juice and do the bulk of the heavy lifting when it comes to vaporization, the other 10% of e-juice is made up of a combination of nicotine substances, flavor additives, and a whole host of other chemical compound and ingredients that are included within each e-juice formulation – and some of these have proven to be positively poisonous and dangerous for short and long-term consumption.
You’ll want to research each and every one of the ingredients contained within the e-juice you are thinking about using with your electronic cigarette. Your nicotine levels, the specific flavor additives, and any other chemicals and ingredients included within may be very dangerous for your health going forward.